COMMISSIONER: Anthony San Fillippo
PROGRAM DIRECTOR: Nate Watkins
THE DENVER 7x7 SUMMER LEAGUE
7 on 7 RULES (Olympic Rules)
There will be only two face-offs, one to start the game and the second after halftime. Wing midfielders must be positioned to the left of their faceoff man, at the intersection of the sideline and the midline. Defensemen and attackmen must remain behind the goal line extended until the referees’ signal possession. The goalie must remain in the crease area until possession is signaled.
•All games are 7v7: 6 field players (2 attack players, 2 midfielders and 2 defenders) per side and 1 goalie. Seven versus Seven; Six field players and one goalie. Maximum 15 players per team may be registered.
• There will be only two face-offs, one to start the game and the second after halftime. Defensemen and attackmen must remain behind the goal line extended until the referees’ signal possession.
• Field is 70 yds x 35 yds: See Field Diagram
• Onside Rules are in effect – min. 2 players on offense and 3 on defense at all times. • Minimum of two and maximum of three long sticks on the field at a time.
• During the game, all substitutions are on the fly; players must step completely off of the field before a teammate enters the playing field.
• No body-checking, as players must play the ball at all times. If this happens, teams will receive a penalty for unnecessary roughness.
• There is NO "back-up on a shot," meaning shots that are off-target will result in a turnover wherever the ball went out.
• After a goal is scored, the goalie will clear the ball out of the crease.
• Games consist of two 22-minute halves with a 3-minute halftime, running time. STOP TIME will be played for the last 3 minutes of the second half only if the score difference is 5 or less. Time will be kept by a referee.
• Each team is allotted one timeout per game.
• A game ending tied is decided by a sudden victory Braveheart game .